OccupySF 2011

OccupySF 2011
My ratty ass tent next to the concrete ball. Me in the chair?

Monday, December 19, 2011

Occupy Berkeley is the shit

When I lived here, I really did not like Berkeley. 4 flavors of cops: UC, BPD, BART, and AC transit (true: they gave my gf a $250 ticket for pulling over in a bus zone just long enough to let me out). The buses are strict as hell, as opposed to MUNI that I can ride all day on one paper xfer or hop on via backdoor. And Berkeley is laid-back/uptight: PC Nazis enforcing their aroma-free vegan free-trade Birkenstock patchouli oil manifestos written on repurposed hemp paper. And I sometimes hate the smell of ganj. Not my D.O.C.

But Occupy has an SF refugee tent where I recognize and know a growing number of true Occupiers. There's sunshine. All day long, not 9:30 to 11 am. No prob w/ an open flame. Thus coffee. Running water at the fountain. Grass where you can pound in your tent stakes. Get it, Justin Herman aka Bradley Manning aka Occupy SF? You're defending a Bocce ball court from its proper use. You're two blocks away from the real enemy the Fed at 101 Market. You cockblocked us on the Mission space, which is only 20 blocks away. A 10-minute 14 bus ride away or a half hour walk. Sunny Mish. Cute chix, coffee shops. It's the barrio? You gotta be kidding. It's gentrified. A base of operations...nevermind. So done with the General Assembly which has the vote what direction Occupy takes, because only they can sit through their interminable meetings where nothing gets accomplished in 5 hours of infighting and backstabbing.

I support Occupy, but it's hard enough being on the streets without being a hunger artist/petri dish for contagion of the week. I need amenities: sunshine, coffee, place to leave my shit where it doesn't walk.

Berkeley Occupy. It's the shit.

1 comment:

  1. Got the keys to my 2 br. No modcons, but who gives a fuck! Thanks Sly!!!

    ReplyDelete