OccupySF 2011

OccupySF 2011
My ratty ass tent next to the concrete ball. Me in the chair?

Friday, December 16, 2011

Why I bother

I was not at Occupy (still am because Occupy is of the mind) because I wanted to get arrested and earn my Liberal Scout merit badge, nor to get beat up by the fuzz and thus alleviate my white guilt. I was there because I got evicted when I told the No. Beach Italian mafia fuck what to do with his cockroach-infested hotel. He called the cops. I was 'threatening'.

A better reason would have been that I was disgusted when I see that moneys that should be spent on my children's education, and in preserving decent and affordable homes for myself and for them (not one and the same, alas) is used to bail out a corrupt banking system and to fund wars over shit I really do not give a rat's ass about (fighting a war over the WTC is about as useful as fighting the cause of Katrina. Less perhaps, because a bulldozer building levees is tangible, not pseudo-ideological masking cultural/religious conflict). And the other motive, oil; well, let's not go there, Texan. I refused to put oil in my car the last 10K miles because I wanted it to die, die. They built some stout MFing beasts in the late 60s - it was a V7 at the end, smoking like a shithouse on fire when I sold it for 5 times what my dad paid when I was 15. (Want a good investment? Classic cars, fivefold profit in 30 years. No, nevermind, won't be gas in 30 years, n'shallah). Infernal combustion engine. Hitler admired Ford's assembly line process for volume production and adopted his methodologies for his own nefarious ways. The feelings were mutual if you read the Deerborn Gazette between the wars.

But back to the bailout. Someone in the sauna at the Y was saying 'The banks will pay back the money, if they haven't already.' "Um," I chimed in finally, ""but what about the wreckage?" I saw a family of five yesterday carrying their belongings, the youngest theirs in pillow-cases that must have come from their beds. When they had beds. I am beyond crying. I am pissed.

Too big to fail - was that the catchphrase for a minute? Why not - utter chaos? The iceberg vs. the ship of fools aka the System? I'm for the iceberg, which broke off due to climate change, btw. I'm fine with chaos; I live in its offal everyday. Our hopes are that chaos will lead to Anarchy, which is, in fact, Order. Without rule. Who said anything about disorder? Interdependent collectives organized loosely around skills and interests, a free interchange of commodities, values precipitated upon local supply and demand, without currency other than intrinsic value determined in a bartering dynamic. Your paper ain't shit, unless I like the pictures on it or need to wipe my ass.

To continue with the paradox that Anarchy is Order, Proudhon's enigmatic statement: I deny myself the benefits of the coosh life - is that not an almost ascetic self-discipline? If you've read thus far, you realize my intelligence, perhaps to the conclusions you are averse, but nonetheless recognize the empirical and salient points. Capitalism, on the other hand, is the real clustrus fornicatus, everyone reaching hand-over-fist to rake in as much from the pot that they can get - it's a dog-eat-dog world and a rat race to boot. The rats won, haha. (Darwin was misinterpreted and one should read P. Kropotkin's "Mutual Aid" as a eupeptic.)

And my fellow Merkins, we are a role model to the world, Hollywood showing how sexy a stretch limo Hum-V is pulling up to the pat-ourselves-on-the-back awards for producing monoculture.

If I speak in the terms of an overeducated liberal, I apologize, but I do believe that one should speak to one's audience in their own language, as did that ponce Baudelaire when he said, at the end of To the Reader
, "You know him, reader, this exquisite monster,
-Hypocrite reader,-my likeness,-my brother!"


No comments:

Post a Comment