OccupySF 2011

OccupySF 2011
My ratty ass tent next to the concrete ball. Me in the chair?

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Waiting for Kitten

My Christmas present is a hotel. The Sagrada Familia didn't have one. They had the manger. I have a 2 br in Berkeley but it doesn't have electricity or running water. A little clandestine locksmithing and a by-the-book approach: in after dark, out by daylight. No lights, wear black, no visitors. The door was wide open, seriously. I'll take a lie detector on this one. Cleaner when I leave than when I got there, except I am not cleaning up the eggs someone threw at the wall in the other bedroom. I thought raccoons as the window was open, but probably not. They would have eaten them, and not plastered the walls with them.

A dose of bureaucracy today as I forgot my wallet in a locker at the Y, and when I got back, after realizing this when the 7th tradition was called at a meeting, it was gone. No one turned it in at the desk either. What do they get? $23, a bankcard for an overdrawn account, a library card, an EBT card w/ $56 on it they can't use, and my ID. So, I get to go to the DMV, after getting a voucher for reduced rate at NBC (thank you), and borrowing money from a very good friend (thank you Stella). I was all set to 'spange' (spare change contracted). Had cardboard and all, was gonna make a sign. Never done it, nothing against those who do, but it's a step in the wrong direction, I felt. Made a call instead. And then a guy in a work truck saw me walking down to Shattuck with the cardboard I no longer had to use, and said 'Hey, I'll give you money.' Out of the blue. Didn't even make eye contact w/ the guy, I was already past him. So, I didn't have to stile hurdle BART on the way in. The way out is no sweat. Prefer to pay, but in dire circumstances...

Happy Holy Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment