OccupySF 2011

OccupySF 2011
My ratty ass tent next to the concrete ball. Me in the chair?

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Positively 6th Street

Slept in a bed for the first time in a month last night. Thank you Christie and North Beach Citizens. Woke up sweating. Odd, but ok. Soft mattress, good for my injuries. Coccyx, etc. The woods upstairs jamming to Ozzy. Also ok. Got my phone back from Luxor. Got an alarm clock. Thank you Zoe.

My itinerary today - report availability for work to Union. Write Union rep email explaining absence for last month. Apply for GA/EBT since I did the EDD thing yesterday. A trip to Tom Waddell or another clinic to see if I can knock out this pre-pneumonic bronchitis aka walking pneumonia. The warm bed made me feel like I am healing, rather than worsening. The woods upstairs (you can tell in their choice of 107.7 - the Bone) cut the volume down around 11 in a very civilized manner. Pink Floyd, of course. As opposed to the wingnuts at Justin Herman Plaza.

I might go on another march but that's it. Or try to get that workgroup going on Anarchist Lit. Except the second survey book I was given walked from the bartering table while I was talking to John.

Took a hotel room on 6th for the week - much gratitude to NBC. Was noticing how clean it is compared to JHP. 6th Street. That's right. Much cleaner than OccupySF. I suppose one could draw out a metaphor that the putrid filth and squalor there are an expression of the disgust they (formerly we) feel regarding the inequities of the System. But I think that would be more than generous.

I do in fact understand the Trash and Burn feelings: imagine living with the thought of being washed out at any time by a huge rain storm, or blown away like the kitchen in the 50mph windstorm (Nature did what the SFPD and the DPW could not). ---A guy, nicely dressed, comes up to me during a lull in the winds, and asks if I have heard of Weather Modification. Indeed I have and I believe it is powered by a massive ELF transmission plant in Alaska and tracked by way of chemtrails. A few bugs to work out, and the Chinese have a certain advantage in the prevailing windstream position...

Then there is the constant threat of being herded in with barricades like cattle. Sometime since my last post, I was still hoping for that Mission space (cockblocked by the G.A. who don't even live there, held hostage by 'interested parties in the Occupy movement'). I did like the tower that was built out of the SFPD barricades in the center, and the golden cow they put on top. So I do understand, and I do forgive. But nonetheless: Hey, hippies, pick up your Goddamn shit. (to the tune of Pink Floyd).

Coupla things I need anyone is reading this: baby powder, crab nets, gack chicken for bait. And socks, and a pack of Camels. Off the booze, for real this time. Might have to attend some meetings. Not kicking and screaming this time - the cold nights and that effing wind have humbled me. More like bitching and moaning.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment